Contact Lenses in Baton Rouge: Eye Specialists of Louisiana
See clearly, feel well, and play freely with the convenience of contact lenses.
Are you a current eyeglasses wearer hoping to enjoy the freedom and convenience of contact lenses? Or maybe you’re someone who recently experienced vision changes and now needs corrective lenses to see clearly but doesn’t want to change the look of your face by wearing glasses? Contact lenses may be the best option for you.
With proper care and handling, contact lenses are a convenient and comfortable way to enjoy clear vision and an active lifestyle without eyeglasses or surgery.
Whether you’re an active athlete, work in a field that isn’t ideal for glasses, or are hoping to have the freedom of clearer vision without glasses, we can help.
What are contact lenses?
A contact lens is a small, clear disc worn on the eye’s surface (cornea) designed to correct refractive errors and maintain ocular health.
Which vision problems can be corrected with contact lenses?
Contact lenses can correct most vision problems, including:
- Myopia or near-sightedness: Blurred distance vision
- Hyperopia or far-sightedness: Blurred close up and distance vision
- Astigmatism: Blurred vision both far away and close up
- Presbyopia: Blurred close up vision in older adults
It is important to remember that everyone’s eyes are different and contact lenses are expertly fit to meet your specific eye care and vision needs. The best way to determine whether contact lenses are right for you is to schedule an appointment with our eye doctors for further evaluation.
Reasons to Consider Contact Lenses
There are various reasons someone may want to opt into contact lenses.
The most popular reasons include:
- Contact lenses move with your eye, allowing for a more natural field of view.
- They have no frames to obstruct your vision and reduce general distortion caused by some glasses and lens styles.
- Unlike glasses, they do not fog up or get affected by natural elements like bright sunlight, rain, or humidity.
- Contact lenses are an excellent option for sports and other physical activities.
- Many people feel as though they look better in contact lenses.
- Compared to eyeglasses, they typically offer better, more natural sight for most corrective vision problems.
What to Expect at a Contact Lens Eye Exam
Many people request an additional contact lens fitting during their regular eye exam.
A contact lens fitting includes the following services:
- Comprehensive eye exam, which includes eyesight, and overall eye health evaluation.
- Refraction to measure lens prescription
- Diagnostic trial lens fitting
- Follow-up examinations to monitor eye health, prescription accuracy, and appropriate fit within a 60 to 90-day period (depending on the complexity of the fit).
Finalized contact lens prescriptions are typically good for one year, requiring yearly fit and vision examinations. The cost of contact lenses depends on the brand, type, and prescription but generally ranges from $200 to $400 a year, comparable to their glasses counterparts.
Contact Lenses Near Me
Whether you’re a long-time contact lens wearer or interested in giving them a try for the first time, Eye Specialists of Louisiana can help you find the lens that’s right for your eyes and vision.
To learn more or schedule a contact lens exam or another type of eye appointment with us, call 225-768-7777 now.