Meet David M. Dragon, M.D.
Since 1987, Dr. Dragon has been providing eye care for the patients of the Baton Rouge region. Dr. Dragon received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from the University of New Orleans. He received his Medical Degree from Louisiana State University Medical School. After his studies at LSU, Dr. Dragon completed an Internship in Internal Medicine at Ochsner Foundation Hospital and residency training in ophthalmology at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. He then went on to subspecialty training in Cornea and External Disease at the University of Florida.
Dr. Dragon, a cofounder of Eye Specialists of Louisiana, has over 25 years of surgical/medical experience. Dr. Dragon has given various presentations at national society meetings and has also had his work published in leading medical journals, including Ophthalmology and Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Fellowship: Cornea and External Disease, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Ochsner Foundation Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- MD: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- BS: Biology, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA