Meet Tim D. Johnson, M.D.
Dr. Johnson has 25 plus years of surgical/medical experience treating glaucoma and cataracts. Prior to co-founding Eye Specialists of Louisiana in 1990, Dr. Johnson served as the Chief of Ophthalmology at the Ochsner Clinic of Baton Rouge.
Dr. Johnson graduated from the Louisiana State University Development of Zoology and went on to receive his Medical Degree from the LSU Medical School, in New Orleans. Next, he completed a Flex Internship at Earl K. Long Memorial Hospital, and then three years of Ophthalmology Residency at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans. He then did a year of specialized Glaucoma Fellowship training and research at the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri.
Dr. Johnson has written a chapter in the Glaucoma textbook, published Ophthalmology articles, presented his research studies and done medical lecturing/teaching.
Dr. Johnson enjoys brining the burgeoning Ophthalmology progress, innovation, and science to his patients, both surgically and medically.
- Fellowship: Glaucoma, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Residency: Ophthalmology, Ochsner Foundation Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Internship: Earl K. Long Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- MD: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- BS: Zoology, Louisiana State University Department of Zoology, Baton Rouge, LA